Twix chocolate snack has started a funny marketing campaign in Spain called “Caramel, Cookie & Chocolate”. The promo videos are only available at YouTube and you can convert them to store them in your PC, smartphone or other device with this free online converter.

Twix was one of the first chocolate snacks I tasted in my life and also one of the earliers in arriving to Spain, where those type of peccadilloes where unknown at the mid-80s of the last century. Only spaniards who had traveled to countries such as United Kingdom know about them. Even at the early 90s, when I went to Britain for first time, the landscape of shelves full of chocolate snacks in supermarkets provoked in chocolate lovers an incredibly feeling of euphoria mixed with a “this can’t be real” oniric state. In my case I also couldn't help bursting out laughing, exactly like a few years ago, when I had the fortune of flying in first class due to overbooking and an incredibly handsome flight attendant offered me, with a caramelized tone of voice, a glass of orange juice. But returning to the supermarket’s heaven lane, when you couldn’t choose one solely between all those varieties offered, the Twix was always a reliable election.

Personally, the best of the Twix is not its chocolate, its caramel nor its cookie. The thing that distinguishes it from other snacks is its stickiness: Bite it too strong and you will end up with your jaws glued together, trying to talk while chewing. It’s like toffee but with chocolate and crunchiness implied. Now that I think of it, it’s a flavour so characteristic that I have associated it with my mother (another chocolate lover, I discovered this snack to her) and United Kingdom.

A practical tip to enjoy a Twix: Put some in the fridge for a couple of hours, cut them in cubes and serve them in a small plate, just like if they where chocolates, preferably in one of those midnight tea & coffee chats with some friends. Stickiness is much funnier when shared! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment